Friday, July 24, 2015

Calling & Donut Glaze.

Saturday morning at about 9:30 am, I was vacuuming up glaze from donuts off the carpet in our children's church room. I was going on about 3 hours of sleep from the children's lock-in the night before. I could hear chairs being moved, kids laughing, & music. I was extremely tired and longing for a shower and my bed. The last thing I felt like doing was cleaning BUT my heart was filled with gratitude. About 3 years ago, I walked away from a church and my calling. I swore I would never work with kids again. I didn't think I ever could do it. But God had a different plan for my life. I was put right back into what I walked away from. Out first lock-in was a huge success. We had 32 kids show up! People gave. AJ, the owner of Sunny Side Inflatables, donated a bouncy house, a friend brought cupcakes, a family brought snacks and glow sticks, my mama came and watched Paisley, my in-laws took Brodie out for the night and brought him back and donuts for the kids, and our friends helped. Pastor and Starla were there and Parker even stayed the whole night. We played nerf gun war, glow in the dark hide n seek, duck duck goose, baseball, and on and on. We bounced and we ran and we laughed and we even talked about Jesus. Kids ministry is my calling. It's what I long to do for the kingdom of God. I am blessed to do it with the best people I know. My church is a family. We love each other and we accept each other for the good and even the bad. The glaze on the floor of the church and laughter meant more
to me on this morning than I can even share. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love Notes