Thursday, November 10, 2016

Kindness

So, my blogging silence has finally ended. I've missed it terribly. I let so much time go by that I didn't document. For example, River is here and almost 6 months old. His birth story is coming up soon.

And we have a new president. Old news, yep. But still the topic of choice. I've seen a whole lot of posts about it. Some are the typical "Praise God, he won" and others "What the hell happened?" Excuse the language. Thats just what I've been seeing. 

I was taught to be confident in any decision I make. To not follow but to lead. To research on my own and be well educated. And thats what I do. I don't see the point in bullying someone by my opinion. I know what it is, I know which way I'm going, you will never stray me and I'm not going to try to stray you. But anyways....I wanted to document a story. Something I want to always remember.

Yesterday, I took the kids to the park after I picked up Brodie from school. It was just us and a little girl with what appeared to be her older brother.

Paisley got on a swing and Brodie ran right to the slide. The little girl screamed, "you can't play here!"  I watched Brodie go to the other side without saying a word. He started playing in the dirt near the slide and he watched the little girl closely. Then, he asked her "Do you want to play with me?" She yelled "No!" He said "Okay, you can if you want." 

I'm not going to lie, anger was rising up in my heart. I could see the hurt on Brodie's face because he is sensitive. But he pretended to not let it show to the little girl. 

After about 10 minutes, I noticed the little girl warming up. Then she asked, "Do you want to slide with me?"  Brodie's face lit up and he slid down the slide. 

When we got in the car, I said "Brodie, why did you let that little girl tell you what to do?" I said "you don't have to be mean back but you can stick up for yourself and say I can play too." Brodie looked at me and said....

"Mama, that little girl might not know what it is to be kind. Her mama might not of told her. So, I wanted to show her. Do you think I showed her?"

"Yes, Brodie. You sure did."

We are raising the next generation.   Parents, rise above and be examples to your children. Show them love, patience, strength, joy, and kindness. Bear good fruits so that they can too. They learn from you. Choose your words around them wisely. Choose your actions around them even more wisely.  We can be the change that this world needs. 



 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love Notes