Monday, August 19, 2013

Days Go By.

Brodie B. slept until 12:30 pm today.

I slept until 11:30pm.

We NEVER sleep that way. I think he was tired from our busy weekend. I was TIRED from our busy weekend, too. 

Not only was it busy, it was extremely emotional.

Court was Friday for Uncle Tobby's case. I was trusting God, but I was so nervous too.  Everything went our way. We were there from 8am to 3pm.  We celebrated the rest of the afternoon.
In the same day Amanda & Jareb moved to Charlotte, NC. I was so sad I couldn't go with them to help them get settled into their new apartment.
Her story: Click HERE 

I'm so happy for them. I can't be selfish and want them here because they want to be there, but it sure is hard to see my little sister/best friend move 4 hours away.  I honestly don't know what I'm going to do .....well yes I do. I 'm going to visit as much as I possibly can. Good luck Amanda & Jareb. God has something great in store for the 2 of you.

THEN...I worked Saturday morning. I showed 6 houses to my buyers. Afterwards, me, Phillip, & Brodie went downtown and ate at Outback. It started raining so we went to the mall and let Brodie ride the carousel and the train. Later, we met Mama, Dustin, Uncle Tobby, Uncle Kenny, Aunt Debbie, Aunt Dale, Robin, Kristal, Kevin, Ken, Selina, & some of their friends at a Chinese restaurant and stayed there for hours catching up.

Sunday- My little brother Dustin moved to Atlanta to work and go to school. He got accepted into an Arts Academy and he will be working with David at Believers Church. I'm happy for him too, but really going to miss him. He's always my light when I need him.

We skipped church. Ate lunch with Mr. Ricky & Mrs. Tina at Fatz.

Afterwards, me and Phillip went to Sports Clips.
(Insert Funny Story)
Brodie & Phillip needed a haircut. Mel or Mandy cuts their hair but Phillip wanted one on Sunday.
We went and Phillip was getting his haircut. 
They called Brodie and I went with him. He grabbed on to me tight and said "NO haircut."  The lady cutting Phillip's hair told the girl to bring him by his daddy so we moved to the other side of the salon.  I tried sitting Brodie down and he started to cry. The lady looked at him & said "No, NO." That made me so mad I couldn't think straight. Before I could respond she looked at me and said "I don't like little boys that don't have fits." I was beyond mad at this point. I looked at her and said "Really? Well, obviously he doesn't like you and we don't need your services." I then turned around and looked at Phillip and said "By the way, your hair looks like a mushroom." I usually don't respond to stupidity, BUT it was my first experience with someone being rude to my child. Phillip couldn't hear me because the lady was buzzing his hair. He laughed so hard when I told him what I said. Needless to say, we will NEVER go to Sports Clips again.

Mom met us there and picked us up and we headed to Statesboro for Shelley's bridesmaid craft day. It was so much fun hanging out with my family.  Shelley's wedding is going to be gorgeous.  We got home around 7pm and Granny had cooked home made chicken and dumplings. We played and sat around and crawled into bed at about midnight.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love Notes