Friday, January 29, 2016

Obedience

Obedience is better than sacrifice.

God spoke to me so clearly last Saturday morning. It was so clear that I got up immediately and obeyed. It wasn't an easy task or an easy command. But, as soon as I obeyed, peace swept over me. Obedience. It took me WAY out of my comfort zone. But God has shown me that through my obedience, he is blessing me abundantly.  I've seen things that I've been praying for come to pass. I have never felt more at ease.  As I sit and think about obedience I can't help to think about Brodie.

Brodie B. has been testing us these past few weeks. He has always been strong-willed and stubborn but hes taking it to a whole new level. He doesn't listen.  I know consistency is the answer, but consistency with a 4 year old can be draining........especially when you are chasing around a 15 month while 23 weeks pregnant. But, I have heard myself say "When I tell you to do something, obey and obey quickly" over and over this week.  I thought about how important this statement is in his life. Maybe he's going through this stage so he can learn a valuable lesson about obedience. I've been praising him for being obedient and doing it quickly.  Through this testing, I'm thankful God is giving me a chance to mold him into understanding the importance of obedience.  




But Samuel replied: “Does the Lord delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as much as in obeying the Lord? To obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed is better than the fat of rams. 1 Samuel 15:22

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love Notes