Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Mama OVERTIME


There is NOTHING more stressful than having a sick baby. Saturday morning I noticed that Brodie felt a little warm. I checked his temp and it was 101.1. I also noticed two teeth coming in so I assumed it was due to the teeth and we got ready for the day. We had guest staying over for my brothers birthday so we hung out with them until church started. We went to church at 5 pm. In the middle of service I noticed a terrible smell. Phillip and I blamed it on one of the children...WELL it was my child. I checked his diaper and it was diarrhea. Again, I assumed this was due to the teething. So, while changing his diaper I checked his temp and it was 102.6. Fevers are so scary when they start to get high. Luckily, service was over and we went home. His fever rose to 103 and he started having diarrhea every 30 minutes. Needless to say, I was up all night with him fighting the fever. Sunday we skipped church and went to Urgent One. He had the stomach virus/flu. Monday we woke up and his fever was 104.6. This mama freaked out! We went to the ER and they sent us to our pediatrician due to wait time. They confirmed the stomach virus and told me to watch him. Today, he is much better.

I don't know about you but when I'm sick I want my mama. Well, when Brodie was sick I wanted her too & she was there. She spent the night with us and made sure I was okay and he was okay. She also cleaned my entire house including laundry. I appreciate her so much. It's in moments like those that you realize how special someone is.
 



& I can't forget Granddaddy. He was here every night after work to check on his little man.

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love Notes