Sunday, December 2, 2012

Mother.

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb."{Psalms 139:13}

Tonight on my way home from our usual Sunday, I couldn't help but to think of Psalms 139:13.  I've heard that scripture all my life, but never really dwelt on it.  Tonight, I thought about how thankful I am that I was knitted together in a womb by the Creator. I was thankful that he chose me. Going a little deeper, I began to thank him for the womb he chose for me. I was given the best womb. It's through my mom that I can grasp Gods love for me. I was given a mother who has loved me unconditionally and always made me feel loved, she has supported me, disciplined & corrected me, & provided for me. & then there's my dad. I could go on & on about him too. He was never too busy to listen & always worked hard to provide for us. He is perfect in my eyes-even through his mistakes...that's how God intends for us to love. Then, in the same womb my brothers & sister were knit together by the same Creator. The same Creator created us using the same thread in some places and made my best friends. I'm so thankful for them. I couldn't imagine my life without them.


I then thought of my husband. He was knit together in a womb that he will never know. God knew where he needed to be knit, but then he moved him to something greater. I'm so thankful that he was knit together just perfectly to be made for me. I'm thankful for the woman who conceived him....BUT I'm even more thankful for the man & woman {my in-laws} who raised him to be the man he is today. God put him right where he needed to be. I'm so blessed to call him my husband. He is an incredible husband & daddy.

& then God knit together the most precious baby boy in my womb. He chose me to be Brodie's mom. I am so honored. I pray that Brodie could look back one day and say the exact same thing about us. I pray that we can be everything he needs us to be and teach him of God's love.

 

If you don't know this love I'm describing, I encourage you to meet Jesus Christ.  He's the best decision you will ever make. I'm blessed beyond measure. Is my life perfect? No. But I do live a life where I strive to be as close to perfect (pure) as I can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love Notes