Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Family Matters

Sunday, we found out the my Mama's aunts husband {Uncle Shorty} passed away.  He was 87 years old.  He and my aunt had been married for 63 years.  He was always with her & sat quietly & patiently by her side everywhere they went. We always called him her shadow.  I had the privilege of them staying at my house for a night a few weeks back.  He stayed up late & listened to us talk and Brodie loved crawling to him.

Me & Brodie went with my mom to his viewing & funeral in Commerce, Ga.  We stayed the night Monday night and we got home Tuesday night or early Wednesday morning. It was sad seeing family hurting, but I'm so thankful they were at peace knowing he was with Jesus.

Me & Brodie were so excited to get home to daddy.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today has been a day of silence.  There are so many things I want to say, but God is helping me. Family can be so embarrassing at times-especially when the ones I've looked up to & grew up respecting start acting like children.  I know to respect my elders & I wouldn't dare speak out of way to any of them, but I wish they would grow up & remember they have a generation under them watching them. They have nieces, nephews, great nieces, great nephews, cousins, children, & some grandchildren reading and seeing these posts. I've always been taught to keep my personal business to myself & that's how I live. In my Christian walk, I've been taught that life & death are in the power of our tongue. Why put all of our business for the world to see on facebook? I think there is a more mature way of handling ourselves.


-There are 2 sides to every story & 2 different perspectives<~this is why I never take sides or stick my nose in something when I don't know all  the details. I'm just praying for each of them to start making wise decisions. I love my family & pray God will restore broken hearts.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 On a HAPPY note, Brodie had his 1st Krispy Kreme doughnut tonight & ate at his first Japenese restaurant where they cooked in front of you.  He was amazed at both.

 
He couldn't figure out the glaze after he was done. Me & Amanda can relate to this experience. :)


`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
I missed last Monday's Bachelorette episode and I can't wait to watch it. I'm even more excited about Sunday.  Team Jef.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love Notes