Wednesday, January 7, 2015

City of Light

City of Light.

Dear Kim,

Today you have been on my mind. All day. I wish you were here. I had a dream about you two nights ago and now I can't get you out of my mind. I literally see you everywhere. But, when I think of you, I smile. Yes, I still cry at times and get sad...I think I will for the rest of my life. You were my best friend ever since I can remember. We were lucky...we were born 4 months apart and stayed close until you passed. My whole life I can I remember you right by my side. So it's still hard to do things without you. So sometimes, I just have to write about you or talk about you or look through your pictures and it sort of satisfies my longing to see you or talk to you.   Today, I thought about one of my last memories of you. You and Shelley met me at Spanky's. I watched as Shelley paid for your meal. You weren't lacking anything, but she was treating you and I loved it.  We talked and laughed and it felt so good to get away from everything and just be with you two. No one could or never will make me laugh the way you did. And then we went to the movies to see Bridesmaids. We laughed and laughed. In fact, I think we laughed louder (especially me) than anyone in the room. I can remember the way you looked at me as you laughed at me laughing. That. was. a. good. day. I'm so thankful for all my memories with you. I still see you. I saw you yesterday as your Mama and Shelley sat on my couch and talked to me. I see you in everything. I guess it's because you are truly my angel. I love you & I can't wait to see you again.

"Well done my child, your race is over
You have fought the fight, and you’ve kept the faith
Enter in to the joy of the Lord.
Well done my child, you crown is waiting.
Here is your robe of white, your mansion is just inside.
Come in to the city of the light, well done my child…"



No comments:

Post a Comment

Love Notes