Monday, January 12, 2015

Weekend Recap

So is it really Monday already?

This weekend flew by. We had a great weekend. 

Friday night, we met Mama & Dustin at Applebee's.  Dustin was leaving to head back to Atlanta the next day so we hung out with them. Afterwards, we went to Walmart to stock up for the week. We got home, watched Mickey and then went to bed.


Saturday, our friends Ashlee & Howard invited us over for Howards 25th birthday party. Brodie had so much fun with the kids that were there, Phillip and the guys played corn hole all day/night, and the girls chatted about babies, husbands, and probably too much gossip. It was a much needed day/night with some fun ladies. We got there at 1:3ois and left around 7:30 to head to Spanky's to celebrate Keith's birthday. We were until 10:30! It was nice day spent with good friends and Phillip's family.


Today/Sunday we went to church. We really enjoyed it. After church we ate lunch with some of our favorite friends, The Parrish's, at Cheddars. Brodie was a big boy and sat in a booth with Miranda, Josh, and Madison. After lunch, we did a few inspections and then headed home. We ended the night hanging out with the Parrish's by our fire pit eating pizza and making smores. 


It was a good weekend. I love when I have time off to enjoy the people I love.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last week I forgot to post about Brodie & Paisley's well check ups. Both are healthy as can be and I'm very thankful.

Brodie: 3.5 feet tall, 43 lbs
Paisley: 23 inces tall, 12 lbs 8 oz


Paisley had her first set of vaccinations. I was already a ball of nerves because of the controversy with vaccinations. I couldn't decide if it was what I wanted to do until the last minute. Phillip and I decided that it was best for our family to continue to vaccinate our children. As nervous as I was, I felt sure with my decision. After her shots, I picked her up and said a prayer asking God to not let her experience any negative side effects from the vaccination and to let it be nothing but for the good of her health. God answered my prayers because she ran no fever and was the same happy little girl as always. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to today:

The pastor at the church we attended talked about being consistent. He talked about  planting our feet somewhere and being consistent through the good and bad. I'm excited to plant our feet in a church and get back to doing what we are called to do. I think its so important for our children to see us be consistent. Consistent with everything. It truly does make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love Notes