Thursday, February 11, 2016

Til the storm has passed...

Storms.

My sister, Amanda shared this song on her Instagram.  I had already downloaded the album so I  went and listened to it. I was in awe with this song. I felt like it was written just for me. 

(Click here for song)

Peace be still you are with me
In this hope I abide
Jesus be my sustainer
Strengthen me in this trial

And I know, it's only for a moment
And everything is working for your glory 
But I need, your perfect love to hold me
Safe within your promise
Til the storm has passed

When this burden is lifted
I'll give praise to your name
But until it is finished 
I'll give thanks just the same

For we have this hope 
As an anchor for our soul
You are with us
We will never be alone

-Elevation Worship "Here as in Heaven"

Last week, I was in Pembroke doing some work. Phillip called me and told me that I needed to head home that there was tornado spotted not too far down the road. Luckily, I was done with work and I was on the way home. I LOVE storms. I love the rain. I love the thunder. BUT I am not a fan of the idea of a tornado. I panicked a little bit but drove home. The sky was clear and still.  The sky was beautiful. I thought to myself, How can such darkness come from this beautiful sky?

When we got home, Phillip was standing on the front porch gazing out at the pond. Comfort. I don't know about you, but my husband is my strong tower in chaos. He has a way of making me feel protected. It's one of the things I cherish most about him. Our heavenly Father is the same way. We may not see him, but I promise you...He is standing there, waiting on you, and watching over you.

We unload the kids and quickly get inside. The news was on so I sat down to hear about this tornado warning. The tornado was moving in the direction of our area. The warning was from Ellabell to Meldrim. We are right in the middle. 

My mother instinct starts to kick in. I packed Paisley's diaper bag stocking up on diapers and wipes. I made her and Brodie a drink and put it in the bag. I threw in a few bottles of water. I put the bag, some pillows, a few blankets, their ipads, a flashlight, and some snacks by the door. 

Phillip was still outside. I know I peaked my head around the door 100x times and said "do we need to get in the closet?!" He would look at me like...Dont you think I would tell you?? But he would say "Not yet, we're fine." 

SO, I still wasn't satisfied with his answer. I started cleaning out the closet. I had everything that I thought would harm my  babies in another place. Phillip walked in and said "WOW." 

At this point, Brodie is asleep. Cheyanne was laying on the couch and Paisley was running around the living room playing. They were oblivious to this storm that was "coming." 

I sat on the couch with Paisley and the woman on the news started naming places that needed to take cover. Most of the list was cities and then she named our ROAD. "If you live here, take cover NOW." The sweet blonde had a bit of panic in her voice....or so I heard. I yelled for Phillip and he helped me load all my "stuff" in the closet. I grabbed Paisley, Cheyanne grabbed all of our pets, and Phillip put Brodie in. 

We shut the door and Phillip stayed outside to watch. I looked at Brodie asleep on the pillows I laid out for him and couldn't help to think about how much I love him. I think certain situations make us do that.  But, even greater than that, I thought about our Father. 

I trusted Him to protect us. I trusted Him that this storm would pass. Peace swept over me. 

There are so many times in life that we are going through things and God is behind the scenes preparing for us. It made me think of myself preparing for this storm as my children played and slept. They didn't know what I was doing. But when the storm came, they had everything they needed. They were warm and comfortable and even entertained. God does that for us, yall. He's constantly working for our good. Even if we can't see it or we are completely unaware, He is working everything out for His glory.  And during the storm, he is there. He is right there beside us.


I'm thankful today to be safe in his promise, until the storm passes by.

"He will cover you with his feathers,
    and under his wings you will find refuge;
    his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart."
Psalms 91:4













No comments:

Post a Comment

Love Notes